The Chesterfield Township Library was legally established in 1994 as a free public library established in a township under Section 10 of PA 164, and has an elected six-member governing board of trustees that serve 4-year terms. While the Library operates and is governed under separate authority from the township, the Library is a local unit of government.
What is the Library's current tax rate?
- The Library levies a single, operating millage at the rate of 0.7 mills.
- That millage rate is reduced by the Headlee Amendment.
- Actual 2020 Tax Rate for 2021 Revenue: 0.615
- The July 01, 2019 U.S. Census Estimate lists the median housing value in Chesterfield Township as $199,300. Based on taxable value, that homeowner currently pays about $61.28/year or $5.11/month or $0.17 cents/day for public library services.
- $199,300/2 = $99,650 x 0.615 = $61,285/1000 = $61.28/year/365 = $0.17 cents/day