Library Reopening Policy
The Chesterfield Township Library is open under Reopening Plan Stage 4.
Facemasks required; 30% capacity; One (1) hour time limit.
Curbside Pickup Hours:
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday; Closed Sunday
Telephone: (586) 598-4900
Online services are available 24/7/365.
Face masks are required under MDHHS Epidemic Orders - Gatherings & Face Mask Order, January 13, 2021.
Curbside Pickup service is safe and easy:
Visit www.chelibrary.org to search the catalog and place items on hold, indicating the location for pickup.
1. After receiving notification that items are ready for pick-up, visit the library during open hours.
2. Call the number listed on the sign in the parking lot (586) 598-4900; please have your library card number ready.
3. A library staff member will bring the items to the parking lot.
Patrons are also encouraged to access library services online. The Chesterfield Township Library offers cardholders access to several digital content providers — Overdrive, Hoopla, CloudLibrary and more. These providers offer digital content in a variety of formats including audiobooks, ebooks, music, movies, magazines and more. All of the Chesterfield Township Library's digital resources can be accessed at www.chelibrary.org.
The safety of library patrons and employees is of highest priority, therefore several modifications include the following:
- If you feel sick, please do not enter. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, difficulty breathing, fever, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell, sore throat and headache.
- Patrons over the age of 5 will be required to wear face masks if required by law; the Library will provide face masks if supplies are available.
- Plexiglass cough/sneeze guards have been installed at the Checkout Desk and the Information Desk.
- 6-feet social distancing floor decals indicate appropriate spacing.
- Computer equipment is covered in plastic that will be replaced after each use.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are available for public use.
- Limited available furniture.
- Water fountains are not available.
- Food and beverage is not permitted unless necessary for medical reasons.
Patrons may return materials at their convenience in the external book drop on the side of the Library building. Out of an abundance of caution, all returned materials will be held in quarantine for 4 days before they are checked in at each of the 21-member Suburban Library Cooperative libraries, including every public library in Macomb County along with Troy Public Library in Oakland County and Harper Woods Public Library in Wayne County. Items will show on your account as "Checked out" during that quarantine time, but no fines will be charged.
All in-person programs at the Library are cancelled through March 31, 2021.
The Library and the Friends of the Library are NOT accepting book sale donations until further notice.