Library Reopening Policy
The Chesterfield Township Library is open under Reopening Plan Stage 4 with regular hours and limited services.
- Face masks are required under MDHHS Oct. 9 Gathering Prohibition and Face Covering Order.
- 50% of building capacity (58 patrons) may use the library at one time.
- Patrons will have one (1) hour maximum to browse, use the computer and check out materials.
- Curbside Pickup service available by calling (586) 598-4900.
The safety of library patrons and employees is of highest priority, therefore several modifications include the following:
- If you feel sick, please do not enter. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, difficulty breathing, fever, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell, sore throat and headache.
- Patrons over the age of 5 will be required to wear face masks if required by Executive Order; the Library will provide face masks if supplies are available.
- Plexiglass cough/sneeze guards have been installed at the Checkout Desk and the Information Desk.
- 6-feet social distancing floor decals indicate appropriate spacing.
- Computer equipment is covered in plastic that will be replaced after each use.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are available for public use.
- Limited available furniture.
- Water fountains are not available.
- Food and beverage is not permitted unless necessary for medical reasons.
Patrons may return materials at their convenience in the external book drop on the side of the Library building. Out of an abundance of caution, all returned materials will be held in quarantine for 4 days before they are checked in at each of the 21-member Suburban Library Cooperative libraries, including every public library in Macomb County along with Troy Public Library in Oakland County and Harper Woods Public Library in Wayne County. Items will show on your account as "Checked out" during that quarantine time, but no fines will be charged.
All in-person programs at the Library are cancelled through December 31, 2020.
The Library and the Friends of the Library are NOT accepting book sale donations until further notice.