History

search our website:

History

The Chesterfield Township Library was legally established by voters through the election held November 8, 1994, and has improved lives in our community for 25 years. The library relocated in 2005 to our current home, a 21,000 square foot rented building near 23 Mile Rd. and Gratiot Avenue, behind the movie theater off Chesterfield Rd.

As a member library of the Suburban Library Cooperative, we share resources with 21 libraries throughout Macomb County to circulate 2,000,000 items, which may be placed on hold and delivered for your convenience to the Chesterfield Township Library location.

Newspaper Article about Trinity Library - May 6, 1957
Newspaper Article about Bernard and Ceola Trinity - Detroit News, May 17, 1958
Trinity Millage flyer - December 31, 1972
Save Our Library flyer - 1972
Detroit Free Press Article about Trinity Library - May 22, 1991
Chesterfield Library opens in Mall - The Bay Voice January 8, 1992
Library Supporters Special Millage - The Bay Voice May 25, 1994
Vote Yes Poster for current Library - November 8, 1994
Library moves to new Location - The Bay Voice September 14, 2005
Chesterfield Township Library 20th anniversary - November 6, 2014