Library Programs Cancelled Through 3/31/2020
March 12, 2020
Because the health and safety of our patrons, staff and community is our top priority, the Chesterfield Township Library is providing this update on how the Library is responding to the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.
The Chesterfield Township Library will remain open to the public during regular hours:
Monday – Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
However, on Wednesday evening, Governor Gretchen Whitmer urged organizations to cancel large gatherings of 100 people or more to stop the spread of the Coronavirus. Therefore, out of an abundance of caution, the Chesterfield Township Library has cancelled all programs through March 31, 2020.
The Chesterfield Township Library continues to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Encourage frequent hand washing for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Encourage staff and patrons to stay home if they are sick.
- Encourage all to cover their coughs and sneezes with tissues or their elbow, and wash hands afterwards.
- Continue to provide hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Continue to provide disinfectant wipes.
- Perform routine and extra cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and equipment.
- Temporarily remove Youth resources and toys for additional cleaning.
As a reminder, the Chesterfield Township Library is available 24/7 at www.chelibrary.org for free digital services including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, streaming TV, movies, and music, research and learning tools and online access to live, individualized tutoring. As always, the Library provides free computer access, Internet and WiFi.